Saturday 21 May 2011

The Story Continues

Hi there, back again. Hope you enjoyed the first introduction. It was good to see so many people at our last gargeners club day!

I haven’t seen the store so busy since we opened twenty years ago, we were mobbed! The car park was full to capacity, we had so many compliments and even Ozzie in the restaurant was smiling, which he doesn’t do very often.

Don’t forget our gardening club every Thursday 5.30 - 8.00pm. ‘Green Fingered Fred the Gardening Guru’ and his team of helpers and celebrities are on hand to give help and advice. Our next “open Day’ is on 11th June so make sure you put it in your diary.

Our Craft Club day went exceptionally well. By popular demand we have classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10.30am - 12.30pm. We also have a ‘Card Feast Day’ call Gaynor for details on 01323 435537. Gaynor will be demonstrating all our new products every Bank Holiday Weekend so don’t miss them. All those years ago when I was selling Christmas paper on street corners, all I used to worry about was getting my collar felt and getting moved on by “old bill’. How times have changed.

Off to China soon to try to source new lines and bargains for you all. When I first started travelling to China 20 years ago the food consisted of chicken claws, beetles and locusts. We couldn’t get western food on the street, although we managed to find a McDonalds. I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. By the time I returned to England I thought I could never face another Big Mac ever again!

My general manager, Dave, has been going to China with me for the last 15 years. He’s 6ft 5ins and really stands out from the crowd, the locals are amazed at his height. I never lose him in a crowd - his shiny bald head stands out like a beacon.

We now have a brilliant carwash and valleting service at the Eastbourne store which will leave your car sparkling, clean and tidy. Best in the area!

I look forward to seeing lots of new faces. Please come and ask to speak to Bob - I’m never too busy for a friendly chat. Good luck to all my dear friends.

Bob.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Just wanted to let you know i found your store on my iphone last april when searching for craft shops around me when on holiday in eastbourne and we are coming back this week,and along with the holiday ive been looking forward for the past 14months to coming back to your store,there were so many amazing things there and the largest craft department ive ever seen!!!:)
    but the amount of items and unique items such as giant michael jackson canvas's and fan pieces sorry cant think of words to describe them but the prices are incredible,ive been saving this year and am hoping to buy like a years worth of pressies this time!!and have made sure the car is half empty so we have the room on way home!!
    anyway hoping to come down monday take care and keep up the great work,for us southern crafters who cant get to the likes of the nec craft shows in birmingham this is like our nec.
    Cant wait to see all the goodies you have this year!!!:)

    ReplyDelete